These are my working notes on the Barrett family and should be taken as such. This info has been taken from many sources and could be incorrect. Use with caution.
Ninian Barrett born in Maryland 1751 died Upson Co GA 1807, was a Revolutionary War soldier. Buried Glenwood Cemetery, Thomaston, Upson Co GA. Ninian Barrett married Mary James (?b1752 Maryland d1824 in Morgan Co GA and buried Hansen-Ainslie Cemetery, Madison, Morgan Co GA) and had nine children.
Notes on Ninian Barrett:
1. Ninian Barrett was son of Isaac Barrett b abt 1724 in Frederick Co MD and Elizabeth Beall b abt 1724 in Prince George's Co MD, dau of Ninian Beall. Isaac was the son of John Barrett Jr(b abt 1689 Prince George's, MD) and Christian Henry.
2. Known Children: Polly Barrett b ???, Isaac James Barrett b 1775 d 1817 Elbert Cod 1817 Elbert Co, GA GA, Elizabeth Barrett b??? d. 1859, Patsy Barrett, Keziah Barrett, Nancy Barrett b 1799, Ninian Barrett Jr, Delilah Barrett b 1789, Harriet Barrett b 1795.
3. He was a Revolutionary War soldier in Montgomery Co MD Lower Battalion, 8th Company. See DAR record under DAR number 0766116 (6/3/95).
Note on Mary James:
Mary James may be from the John James family which was in both Prince George's and Frederick Co's MD. Mary James birth date may have been 26 Oct 1761, St Johns Par, Prince George's, MD. This is pure speculation with no proof.
Martin Kidd and Martha "Patsy" BarrettMartha "Patsy" Barrett (dau of Ninian Barrett and Mary James) married 1804 ?Elbert Co GA Martin Kidd b 17 Feb 1780 Pittsylvania Co VA and d 20 Feb 1824 St Clair Co AL.
Children of Martin and Patsy Barrett Kidd:
1. Delilah A b: 1 Jun 1805 married E R Royster
2. Elizabeth b: 4 Oct 1810 Elbert Co GA d: 1883 Tallapoosa Co AL married Abner A Hughes
3. ?John B
4. Kesiah b: 6 APR 1814 Shelby Co AL married A J Moore
5. ?Ninian W b: 27 Nov 1815
6. ?Webb B b: ?1807